It is that wonderful time of year again when the leaves begin to change, hot cider is abundant, and all the freaks come out!...not just Halloween, but also the Photo Plus Expo in NYC! Just joking. 😛
There are amazing speakers, great industry events, parties, chances to meet 'online friends', spend time with colleagues, great discounts, gadgets to play with, and more. If you are coming to NYC for the event, be sure to say hi! I've included some of my schedule and links below for what I'll be up to. I've got a platform presentation, will be on "Photographers Ignite" and have my own platform. I'll also be hanging out at the Sigma booth for something pretty fun we've cooked up!
This year at the Sigma booth we are actually setting up a shooting station for you all. Each day has a theme: Avant Garde, Vintage and Color, and you will be able to shoot using Sigma lenses and Sigma's SD1 (46 megapixel camera), and you will be able to take the images home with you. I've bought some pretty awesome props (avant garde head pieces, vintage dresses, etc), I have my usual hair stylist/makeup artist Griselle doing the styling, and some lovely models. It will be a lot of fun and a good opportunity to snap some beautiful shots while saying hi!
Thursday Oct 25:
- 10am-11:45: Sigma SD1 Shooting Booth Photo Plus Expo (Javtiz Center Showroom Floor)
- 12:15-1:45: Shoot NYC: Geek out! 5 Unique Broncolor Tools, 5 Kick-Ass Images
Photographer geeks unite! We all love playing with unique photo tools, and Broncolor has some incredible one-of-a-kind light modifiers that give us specialized and unusual effects. Fashion photographer Lindsay Adler will share some her favorite unusual modifiers, and utilize them to make some high-impact images! * Shoot NYC is a unique event put on by Broncolor and Hasselblad just down the road from the Javtiz Center. Its geared more toward the professional and serious amateur photographer with lots of great pro classes, hands on activities, and big industry names. Its a beautiful venue and Colin (at Broncolor) does a fantastic job every year!
-2-3:45pm: Sigma SD1 Shooting Booth Photo Plus Expo (Javtiz Center Showroom Floor)
- 4pm-6pm: Social Networking Essentials for Photographers (TC4- Photo Plus Seminar) Photo Plus Expo
- Possible special appearance, TBA
-10AM-11:45AM: Sigma SD1 Shooting Booth Photo Plus Expo (Javtiz Center Showroom Floor)
-12:15-1:45: Shoot NYC 1 Modifier, 5 Ways: The Beauty Dish
A beauty dish is an amazing tool for creating a variety of lighting solutions for portrait, beauty and fashion photography. This one modifier can be utilized to create drastically different effects. Fashion photographer Lindsay Adler will show you the beauty dish used 5 ways for 5 great images!
- 2PM-5pm: Sigma SD1 Shooting Booth Photo Plus Expo (Javtiz Center Showroom Floor)
- 7PM: Photographers Ignite! On creativeLIVE! I will be speaking on the topic of "Shooting in Sh*tty Light". Each speaker has 20 slides, 15 seconds EXACTLY for each slide to share their concepts... humor, inspiration and otherwise!
- 10AM-11AM: Sigma SD1 Shooting Booth Photo Plus Expo (Javtiz Center Showroom Floor)
-11AM-12PM: Peachpit Booth: We will have my most recent book, Shooting in Sh*tty Light at booth #366, which is straight back from the Canon Booth for 35% off!. We also will have books signed by the authors!
- 12PM-4PM: Around showroom and at Sigma SD1 Shooting Booth Photo Plus Expo (Javtiz Center Showroom Floor)